In this anonymous supermarket age, Henshelwoods is a haven of old-fashioned values, where you can rely on the quality of the food, purchased when you need it in quantities you want from helpful people who know what they‘re talking about.
Henshelwoods stocks all the vital deli ingredients you need to turn your dinner party into a gourmet feast, and a top chef on hand to help out with some of those tricky culinary queries.
The deli counter itself is a picnic waiting to happen! So next time you’re in York, let us fill your picnic basket with a spread to remember. Cool bags and cold packs will be available from July 2012.
Home-made specialities include our famous Whitby Crab and Chicken Liver pates, Traditional Potted Beef, seasonal terrines including firm local favourites Ham Hock, Parsley & Lemon and Rabbit & Prune, plus daily changing soups in Winter and quiches in Summer all using the best locally sourced and seasonal produce.
As well as our range of hampers, we also have some indulgent and inspirational foodie gifts, including some of the best that Yorkshire produces - something for everybody all year round.
Our exciting range of fine foods and specialities includes:
- Over 70 British and continental cheeses
- British and European charcuterie,
- Delicious oils and vinegars from around the world
- Fine Italian Pastas, gnocchi and pasta sauces
- 12 different types of Olives
- Chutneys, jams and pickles
- Cakes, biscuits and crackers for cheese
- Locally made spirits and beers
- Seasoned Pioneers Organic herbs and spices